The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Halifax County school board calendar committee expands to 18

The Halifax County School Board’s calendar committee — responsible for setting the daily schedule from the first day of school to the last — is getting larger.

Banister River clean-up float slated Sept. 22

‘Make sure the dollars are there,’ supes urged

Chamber director voices support for raising school construction budget

Sports

Comets finish strong behind Franklin in district match

Community

Opinion

A&E

Community

Red Bank for April 2, 2009

Rev. Jimmy Pulliam, pastor of Union Christian Church, delivered the Sunday morning worship; Barbara Carnevale was organist; Leslie Cole and Amber Tuck were acolytes; Beatrice Glasscock was greeter. The altar flowers were given by Mr. and Mrs. Wayne Bowen in memory of Aubrey and Mabel Bowen and Henry and Blanch Dixon.

Clover News for March 27, 2009

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “This World Is Not My Home” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “I Love Your Lord” by the choir. Pastor Bonnie Pizzeck had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the responsive reading from Psalm 105. Hymn of praise was “Seek Ye First.” Pastor Bonnie read Psalm 30: 20-22. Special music was a solo “Who Am I” by Lee Snead on the keyboard. Pastor Bonnie had joys and concerns, pastoral prayer and the Lord’s prayer. Call to prayer was “Spirit of the Living God” by the choir. Offertory hymn was “Lord Be Glorified.” Ushers were Tim and Eric Snead. Choir anthem was “Til the Storm Passes By.” Hymn of preparation was “Amazing Grace” followed by the Apostles Creed. Scripture reading was Matthew 28: 1-9 and Pastor Bonnie’s message “Go and Tell the Good News.” Hymn of celebration was “Just As I Am.” Faye Edmondson had closing prayer. Benediction was “Bond of Love.”

Hitesburg for March 27, 2009

Sunday, call to worship was verse one of “We Gather Together” by the choir at Hitesburg Baptist Church. Don Loftis read the announcements and welcomed everyone. Hymn was “I Am Thine, O Lord”. Prayer time ended with a prayer from the Deacon of the Week, Dean Elliott. Choir special was “There’s Coming A Day”. Hymn was “Leaning On the Everlasting Arms”. Everyone fellowshipped with one another. Children’s sermon, which was lead by Reverend Bob Watts, was concerning loving one another. He asked the children “What does it mean to love another person?” and discussed with them the people that they love, including, first and foremost, God who loved everyone first. Scripture used was from John 13:34-35. Rev. Watts brought the sermon entitled “Are You More Loving?”. Scripture was from John 13:34-35, 1 John 4:17-21 and 1 Corinthians 13:1-2. Hymn was “Softly and Tenderly”. Visitors at HBC Sunday included a couple of people.

Red Bank for March 26, 2009

Rev. Jimmy Pulliam, pastor of Union Christian Church, delivered the Sunday sermon; Barbara Carnevale was organist; Lesley Cole and Amber Tuck were acolytes; Owen Murray was greeter; the altar flowers were given by Mr. and Mrs. Johnny Rice in memory of loved ones.

Clover News for March 12, 2009

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude “When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder” played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was “Breathe On Me Breath of God” by the choir. Pastor Bonnie Pizzeck had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the responsive reading from Psalm 22: 25-31. Hymn of praise was “Be Thou My Vision.” Pastor Bonnie read Genesis 17: 1-17. Special music was “Lord I Lift Your Name On High” and “Take My Life” by Lee Snead on keyboard. Pastor Bonnie had joys and concerns, pastoral prayer and the Lord’s prayer. Call to prayer was “Spirit of the Living God” by the choir. Offertory hymn was “His Eye is on the Sparrow.” Ushers were Tim and Eric Snead. Choir anthem was “Footsteps of Jesus.” Hymn of preparation was “Through It All” followed by the Apostles Creed. Scripture reading was Colossian 3: 12-14 and Pastor Bonnie message on “Three Simple Rules.” Hymn of celebration was “Where He Leads Me.” Pastor Bonnie had closing prayer. Benediction was “Bond of Love.” Eric Snead was acolyte.

Hitesburg News for March 12, 2009

Sunday, call to worship was verse one of “To God Be The Glory” by the choir at Hitesburg Baptist Church. Don Loftis read the announcements and welcomed everyone. Hymn was “A New Name In Glory”. Prayer time ended with a prayer from the Deacon of the Week, Jimmy Wilson. Choir special was “The Unseen Hand”. Hymn was “I Am Thine O Lord”. Everyone fellowshipped with one another. Children’s sermon, which was lead by Ronnie Lloyd, was concerning the fact that everyone is God’s child. Children wanting to be like their parents was discussed. Reverend Bob Watts brought the sermon entitled “Are You Governed By God’s Word?”. Scripture came from Ephesians 5:25-26, Jeremiah 15:16, Matthew 4:4 and Psalms 19:7-11. Hymn was “Softly and Tenderly”. Visitors at HBC Sunday included Joey Hastings, Matt Hastings, Michael and Lindsey Proshaska, Bailey Bowen, Sammy Cramer and a couple others.

Clover News for March 5, 2009

Worship service at Scottsburg UMC opened with the prelude "Wonderful Words of Life" played by Lee Snead. Call to worship was "There's Something About that Name" by the choir. Pastor Bonnie Pizzeck had welcome remarks, announcements, prayer and led the responsive reading from Psalm 25. Hymn of praise was "Come Thou Almighty King."

Red Bank News for March 5, 2009

Rev. Jimmy Pulliam, pastor of Union Christian Church, delivered the Sunday sermon; Barbara Carnevale was organist; Lesley Cole and Amber Tuck were acolytes; Mildred Overby was greeter; altar flowers were given by Hannah Hite in memory of loved ones. Glad to have Owen Poole at church Sunday.

Red Bank News for Feb. 26, 2009

Rev. Jimmy Pulliam, pastor, delivered the Sunday sermon at Union Christian Church; Barbara Carnevale was organist; Lesley Cole and Amber Tuck were acolytes; Gayle Averette was greeter. The altar flowers were given by Kit Harper in memory of loved ones.

Clover New for the week of Feb. 15-21

• Page 80 of 80 pages « First  <  78 79 80

Classified Advertising

Buy and sell items in News & Record classifieds.