The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Covid in Halifax: Deaths continue as new variant looms overseas

New cases surface at South Boston nursing home as virus continues to spread

Harrowing experience on Black Friday

South Boston shoppers take cover as as gunfire breaks out at Durham mall

Lineburg sets departure as superintendent

HCPS chief headed to Michigan for post wih Detroit-area school district, ‘excited for the next chapter’

Sports

PV boys rout Barons in hoops opener

Dragon jump in front early, dominate contest

Community


Opinion


A&E

News

Mecklenburg schools zero-tolerance policy clarified

Seeking to tamp down on misinformation, Mecklenburg County Superintendent of Schools Paul Nichols has clarified that the new zero-tolerance disciplinary policy in effect for county schools does not ban cell phones in the classroom for teaching staff.

Perriello in town to talk landfill project

Fifth District Congressman Tom Perriello will be in South Boston this afternoon as a part of his “New Energy for the 5th Tour.” The Congressman is expected to visit the South Boston town office at 4 p.m. to discuss the Town’s plan for a gas to energy project which would be done by capturing the methane and other greenhouse gases from the-now closed landfill and converting them into energy.

Palm Sunday Processional

image
The churches of South Boston held the annual Palm Sunday Processional Sunday morning. Starting at Advantage Care, participants walked down North Main Street waving palm branches and singing hymns, ending at First Presbyterian Church. Sponsoring churches include Ash Avenue Baptist, First Baptist, First Presbyterian, Main Street United Methodist and Trinity Episcopal. Pastors leading the processional include John Eure, Bill Pyle, Russell Lee and Ed Rigg. (David Conner II photo)
Photo Gallery

Bennett withdraws from race

W.W. “Ted” Bennett, who announced last month that he would run for the 60th District House of Delegates seat being vacated by Del. Clarke Hogan, pulled out of the race yesterday. Bennett e-mailed a statement explaining his decision, citing family obligations and other commitments that he said precluded a run for the House seat. Bennett cited his efforts on behalf of the Halifax County Board of Supervisors to bring federal stimulus funds to the county, and further said he was committed to serve on the Halifax County Industrial Development Authority, the Virginia Math and Science Coalition and the Virginia Advanced Studies Strategies [VASS] initiative, headquartered at the Southern Virginia Higher Education Center which Bennett headed prior to his retirement.

• Page 4992 of 5026 pages « First  <  4990 4991 4992 4993 4994 >  Last »

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.