The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Local Visitor Center garners honor from state association

The South Boston/Halifax County Visitor Center has received the “Visitor Center of the Year” award given annually by the Virginia Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus (VACVB).

Fire halted at edge of data center

Leaf-burning spirals out of control; person responsible may be liable for damage after violating 4 p.m. ban

Chase City beefs up ordinance for derelict buildings

The ordinance defines a dilapidated building as any residential, rental or commercial structure that could contribute to the spread of disease or injury, creates a fire hazard, is liable to…

Sports

SBS to race under the lights

The first race of the night will get the green flag at 7 p.m.

Community


Opinion


A&E

News

Damages minor in kitchen fire

SoVaNow.com / January 14, 2013
South Boston firefighters were called out Saturday night to a kitchen fire that is believed to have started from a stove.

Firefighters removed the stove from the home of Charley Brown at 1322 Porter Lane around 9:48. After clearing the smoke from the home, firefighters returned to the station about an hour later.

Twenty-two firefighters answered the call and were assisted by others from the Halifax Volunteer Fire Department. Damages to the home were estimated at some $1,500.

Tell-a-Friend | Submit a Comment

276

Sports Coverage

See complete sports coverage for Halifax and Mecklenburg counties.