South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
08/25/16 - 10:45 am
08/24/16 - 12:54 pm
Virginia State Police are investigating a two-vehicle fatal crash Tuesday in Charlotte County. The crash occurred at 7:39 a.m., Aug. 23 on Route 632, less than a mile north of…
08/24/16 - 6:40 am
Prosecutor declines to comment on possible links to February death of A.J. Roane
08/24/16 - 2:29 pm
- More A&E
Eight more picked up in Regional Drug Task Force roundup
SoVaNow.com / July 07, 2014Eight more individuals have been arrested for drug-related offenses by the Halifax County Regional Task Force. The suspects were charged as part of a task force roundup that began last week and is the result of a year-long investigation. Previously, 33 persons were arrested.
The task force announced eight more arrests on Thursday:
• Toni Saunders of Copley Springs Road, South Boston, charged with one count of distribution of Schedule II
• Alisha Wright of Mattox Street, Brookneal, one count of distribution of Schedule II
• John Jacque Claiborn of Huell Matthews Highway, Alton, two counts of distribution of cocaine, one count of distribution of Schedule II
• David Reeves of Mt. Carmel Road, Alton, two counts of distribution of cocaine, one count of distribution of Schedule I
• Crystal King of Charlotte, N.C., one count of distribution of cocaine, one count of conspiring to distribute cocaine
• Beverly Miller of Golden Leaf Road, Nathalie, five counts of distribution of cocaine, two counts of conspiring to distribute cocaine
• Howard Vass of Spring Avenue, South Boston, four counts of distribution of cocaine, one count of conspiring to distribute cocaine and one count of distribution of marijuana (a misdemeanor)
• Steven “Billy” Vaughan of Hackberry Road, Sutherlin, one count of possession with intent to distribute cocaine.
The Regional Task Force is comprised of numerous law enforcement agencies including the Halifax County Sheriff’s Department, South Boston Police Department, Halifax County Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office, Halifax Police Department, Virginia State Police, Virginia ABC, Campbell County Sheriff’s Department and the ATF.
News & Record