The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search

Sophomores from all over come together to bring Spectaculathon to the stage

Courthouse project continues to draw questions

Supervisors examine architect fees

Halifax Council members renew lament on lack of transparency


Irby qualifies for state





Family displaced by fire at Taylor Lofts / June 09, 2014
An early Sunday morning fire at the Taylor Lofts Apartments has forced a family of five to move temporarily after smoke and fire left the dwelling uninhabitable.

The local Red Cross is assisting the family by finding a place to live and furnishing them with basic necessities over the next several days.

Red Cross Director Ginger Weaver said she received a call about 1:15 a.m. Sunday morning reporting a kitchen fire, which was contained to only one room of the apartment.

Weaver said the occupants of the third floor apartment successfully used a fire extinguisher to bring the fire under control, although South Boston firefighters were quick to arrive on the scene.

The property’s sprinkler system went off, helping quell the blaze but inflicting water damage on the apartment’s interior.

Tell-a-Friend | Submit a Comment


Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.