South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
07/21/14 - 7:22 am
Destination Downtown South Boston (DDSB) has been designated as an accredited National Main Street Program for meeting the commercial district revitalization performance standards set by the National Main Street Center,…
07/21/14 - 7:21 am
07/21/14 - 7:20 am
07/23/14 - 6:32 am
Marine Staff Sgt. Liam Dwyer is ready to conquer the auto racing world. The driver, who had his lower-left leg blown off by an improvised explosive device in Afghanistan, said…
- More A&E
Halifax County Emergency Services sponsoring EMT class
SoVaNow.com / December 13, 2011Halifax County Emergency Services is hosting an Emergency Medical Technician – Basic Course beginning Jan. 9, at the Halifax County Rescue Squad in South Boston.
The class will meet most Mondays and Thursdays from 6:30-10:30p.m. each evening.
Class tuition is free, however students are required to purchase their own textbook (available the first and second night of the class for $80).
The Emergency Medical Technician – Basic course is designed to provide training to prepare an individual to function independently in a medical emergency. This course provides the basic knowledge and skills needed to provide basic life support (BLS) care and is required to progress to more advanced levels of pre-hospital patient care. Prerequisites for EMT Basic:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be of sound physical and mental condition, able to carry out the duties of an EMT
- Have never been convicted of a felony
- Have never been found guilty of child, elder, or domestic abuse
- Have never had an EMS license or certification revoked or suspended by any certifying agency Cost: Free Tuition, $80 book Emergency Care of the Sick and Injured; 9th Ed. Dates: Mondays & Thursdays 6:30-10:30 p.m. Class: Limited to 30 students Lead Instructor Jeff Toler, NREMT-P Primary Course Location Halifax County Rescue Squad 1334
CommentsI think the class would be better with a different insturctor.
- By really? on 12 / 14 / 11
CommentsIs it too late to join
- By unidentified on 05 / 23 / 12
News & Record