South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
10/23/14 - 6:57 am
10/23/14 - 6:44 am
10/23/14 - 6:42 am
Great stories cannot exist without great narration. A good narrator moves the plot along and clarifies details for the reader. The same is true when a story is brought to…
10/23/14 - 6:51 am
Patrick County spoiled the Senior Night celebration for Comet volleyball, downing Halifax County High School three sets to two.
- More A&E
Halifax County Emergency Services sponsoring EMT class
SoVaNow.com / December 13, 2011Halifax County Emergency Services is hosting an Emergency Medical Technician – Basic Course beginning Jan. 9, at the Halifax County Rescue Squad in South Boston.
The class will meet most Mondays and Thursdays from 6:30-10:30p.m. each evening.
Class tuition is free, however students are required to purchase their own textbook (available the first and second night of the class for $80).
The Emergency Medical Technician – Basic course is designed to provide training to prepare an individual to function independently in a medical emergency. This course provides the basic knowledge and skills needed to provide basic life support (BLS) care and is required to progress to more advanced levels of pre-hospital patient care. Prerequisites for EMT Basic:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be of sound physical and mental condition, able to carry out the duties of an EMT
- Have never been convicted of a felony
- Have never been found guilty of child, elder, or domestic abuse
- Have never had an EMS license or certification revoked or suspended by any certifying agency Cost: Free Tuition, $80 book Emergency Care of the Sick and Injured; 9th Ed. Dates: Mondays & Thursdays 6:30-10:30 p.m. Class: Limited to 30 students Lead Instructor Jeff Toler, NREMT-P Primary Course Location Halifax County Rescue Squad 1414
CommentsI think the class would be better with a different insturctor.
- By really? on 12 / 14 / 11
CommentsIs it too late to join
- By unidentified on 05 / 23 / 12
News & Record