South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
03/04/15 - 8:06 am
03/04/15 - 8:05 am
03/04/15 - 8:04 am
03/04/15 - 7:51 am
Behind Alexis Walton’s 36 points, Bluestone vanquishes East Rockingham in region action; next up, chance to advance to eastern final, state tourney
- More A&E
Holiday schedules released
SoVaNow.com / December 19, 2013Town of South Boston offices will be closed on Monday, Dec. 23, Tuesday, Dec. 24 and Wednesday, Dec. 25 for the Christmas holiday.
Curbside residential refuse collection will take place as follows:
Refuse collection scheduled for Monday, will be collected on Thursday. Refuse collection scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, will be collected on Friday.
Residential refuse collection for Thursday and Friday will remain the same.
Please be reminded that all refuse must be placed at the curb before 7 a.m.
The commercial downtown refuse collection scheduled for Monday and Wednesday will be collected on Thursday. Commercial refuse collection for Friday will remain the same.
Persons seeking more information should contact the Public Works Department at 575-4260.
Halifax Town Hall will be closed all day Monday, Dec. 23, Tuesday, Dec. 24 and Wednesday, Dec. 25 in observance of the Christmas Holiday and again on Wednesday, Jan. 1 for New Year’s.
Please be aware that the Town of Halifax will be picking up recyclables only on Friday, Jan. 3 because of the modified Christmas and New Year’s Holiday schedule. During the modified holiday schedule, town residents may take their properly prepared recyclable materials (see guidelines for curbside pick-up below), to the large bins provided at the Blue Ridge Regional Jail lower parking lot which now accepts co-mingled newspaper (including mixed paper), plastic (#1 and #2), cardboard, cans (aluminum and metal) and mixed consumer glass (clear, green and brown).
When recycling glass at the Convenience Center site, please place the glass and other accepted recycleables directly into the bin with no bags-this will keep the materials free of contaminants so that sorting will not be necessary.
1) Monday, Dec. 23/30 – Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up. This area includes Mountain Road, Canterbury Drive, Woodview Road, Mimosa Drive, Oak Lane, Pine Road, Ash Street, Cedar Lane, Poplar Lane, Crawford Road, Academy Street, Ballpark Loop (within corporate limits), Craddock Street, Houston Street and Main Street (from Mountain Road south to the RR Tracks).
2) Tuesday, Dec. 24 – The Town of Halifax Solid Waste Department will not conduct regular weekly curbside solid waste pick up.
3) Wednesday, Dec.25/Jan. 1 – The Town of Halifax Solid Waste Department will not conduct regular weekly curbside recycling.
4) Thursday, Dec. 26/Jan. 2 – Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up. This area includes Maple Avenue, Buena Vista Drive, Park Lane, Lakeside Drive, Harding Street, Snead Lane, Cary Street, Elam Street, Hedderly Street, Jackson Street, Back Street, Main Street (from Mountain Road north on US Hwy 501 and east on VA Hwy 360 to the corporate limits).
5) Friday, Dec. 27 – Residents normally served on Tuesday will have solid waste picked up. This area includes properties along US Hwy 501 south from the RR Tracks to the corporate limits, Spencer Lane, Golf Course Road, Brook Run, Cowford Road, Meadow Drive, Banister Road, Gatha’s Trail and Ballou Trail.
6) Tuesday, Dec. 31 – Residents normally served on this day will have solid waste picked up (see area above).
Friday Jan. 3 – The Town of Halifax Solid Waste Department will conduct modified curbside recycling. 399
News & Record