The News & Record
South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
Home   •   News   •   Sports   •   Classifieds   •   Community   •   Health   •   Entertainment   •   Obituaries   •   Opinions   •   Weather
Advertising | Contact | Register
Advanced Search
News

Vending machines hit by vandals Tuesday

Womack receives suspended prison time on fraud charges

Earl Womack, former school deputy transportation director and member of the Halifax County Board of Supervisors, received a suspended 12 year prison sentence on felony fraud charges during an appearance…

Coming together to fight cancer


Sports

Peters takes Showdown win

Timothy Peters avoided a spinning Lee Pulliam on the final lap of the green-white-checkered finish to claim his first win in the charity race.

Community


Opinion


A&E

News

Tuesday night fire destroys Clover structure

SoVaNow.com / October 18, 2012
A late Tuesday night fire destroyed an outside storage shed owned by Gary Snead of 1177 Guilltown Road near Clover.

According to Clover Fire Chief Bert Martin, the blaze was reported around 11:35 p.m. on October 16 with firefighters from both Clover and Scottsburg departments responding.

“While we don’t know the exact cause of the blaze,” Martin explained, “the shed was fitted with an outside furnace and there was wood stacked nearby.”

He estimated the loss of the shed and its contents at some $8,000. Martin said the wooden shed was fully engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived, and the most they could do was prevent its spreading to the nearby house.

Tell-a-Friend | Submit a Comment

697

Advertising Flyer

Find out how you can reach more customers by advertising with The News & Record and The Mecklenburg Sun -- in print and online.