South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
11/26/14 - 9:07 am
Compared to Southside Virginia’s big cash crop in tobacco, King Cotton is, well, kind of puny.
11/26/14 - 8:56 am
11/26/14 - 8:51 am
In light of the Clarksville’s recent rabies scare, members of the Town Council again discussed what to do, if anything, with the people who feed the feral cat populations around…
11/26/14 - 8:46 am
- More A&E
Boys tennis shuts out Martinsville
SoVaNow.com / March 27, 2014The Halifax County High School boys’ tennis swept to a shutout win against Martinsville Monday.
“This was the most solid we have looked all year, whether it be practice or matches. I think we were able to gain some confidence Friday with pulling out all four tiebreaks, and it carried over into today. There was no letdown from beginning to end in any of the matches. Today we looked a lot better in the second sets of our matches than we did in the previous match,” coach David Riddle said.
“Another positive is we were able to get different people into matches today. Donyea and Joseph were in their first ever ladder match for us, and looked very comfortable out there. It’s always good to get the guys on the court in situations that matter, especially early in the year,” Riddle said.
HCHS is 2-0 in the Piedmont district and 2-0 overall.
1. Jonathan Thomas (HC) d. Carson Rigney 6-2, 6-0
2. Roger Smith (HC) d. Tyler Hairston 6-1, 6-2
3. Andrew Hatcher (HC) d. Joe Mitchell 6-1, 6-0
4. Terrence Vass (HC) d. Cody Turner 6-0, 6-0
5. Malik Pleasant (HC) d. Jacob Salas 6-0, 6-1
6. Brian Good (HC) d. Ahmad Manns 6-0, 6-0
1. Thomas/Smith (HC) d. Rigney/Hairston 6-1, 6-1
2. Brad Booth/Lewis Link (HC) d. Mitchell/Turner 6-3, 6-2
3. Donyea Williams/Joseph Coleman d. Salas/Manns 6-1, 6-4
News & Record