South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
10/23/14 - 6:57 am
Continuing a trend that began in 2008, students in the Product/Industrial Design & Development programs at the Southern Virginia Higher Education Center earned honors in a national woodworking competition.
10/23/14 - 6:57 am
10/23/14 - 6:44 am
10/23/14 - 6:51 am
Patrick County spoiled the Senior Night celebration for Comet volleyball, downing Halifax County High School three sets to two.
- More A&E
Boys tennis shuts out Martinsville
SoVaNow.com / March 27, 2014The Halifax County High School boys’ tennis swept to a shutout win against Martinsville Monday.
“This was the most solid we have looked all year, whether it be practice or matches. I think we were able to gain some confidence Friday with pulling out all four tiebreaks, and it carried over into today. There was no letdown from beginning to end in any of the matches. Today we looked a lot better in the second sets of our matches than we did in the previous match,” coach David Riddle said.
“Another positive is we were able to get different people into matches today. Donyea and Joseph were in their first ever ladder match for us, and looked very comfortable out there. It’s always good to get the guys on the court in situations that matter, especially early in the year,” Riddle said.
HCHS is 2-0 in the Piedmont district and 2-0 overall.
1. Jonathan Thomas (HC) d. Carson Rigney 6-2, 6-0
2. Roger Smith (HC) d. Tyler Hairston 6-1, 6-2
3. Andrew Hatcher (HC) d. Joe Mitchell 6-1, 6-0
4. Terrence Vass (HC) d. Cody Turner 6-0, 6-0
5. Malik Pleasant (HC) d. Jacob Salas 6-0, 6-1
6. Brian Good (HC) d. Ahmad Manns 6-0, 6-0
1. Thomas/Smith (HC) d. Rigney/Hairston 6-1, 6-1
2. Brad Booth/Lewis Link (HC) d. Mitchell/Turner 6-3, 6-2
3. Donyea Williams/Joseph Coleman d. Salas/Manns 6-1, 6-4
News & Record