South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
08/26/15 - 6:55 am
08/26/15 - 6:45 am
Back when tobacco, the “golden leaf” of Virginia was a celebrated crop, and tobacco auctions were a festive occasion, no one was more celebrated than the market auctioneer.
08/24/15 - 1:44 pm
With the merger agreement, Belk says there are currently no plans to close any stores or cut any of the 1,300 jobs with the company’s corporate offices. Belk operates a…
08/27/15 - 6:18 am
Coach, team will leave the talking for the field
- More A&E
Tennis boys remains undefeated
SoVaNow.com / March 28, 2013The unbeaten streak for the Halifax County High School boys’ tennis team continued Tuesday. Halifax doubled up Randolph-Henry, 6-3.
“As a team, we did not play quite as well against them as we did the first time. We seemed to have a hard time getting going today, and at one point were behind in all of the top four singles matches. Still, the guys pulled it together and were all able to play better as the matches progressed. That will be important once we get into the district matches and start playing regular sets,” said coach David Riddle.
“Hatcher’s singles match was very impressive considering the fact that he went to a tiebreak against the same opponent the first time we played. Mentally he played a much better match today and it showed in the result. “We still have alot of work to do, but we are much farther ahead than we were at this point last season,” said Riddle.
HCHS is 5-0 overall and 1-0 in the Western Valley district.
1. Walker Dunnavant d. Vatsal Lal (HC) 8-0
2. Matthew Williams d. Gannon Griffin (HC) 8-4
3. Jonathan Thomas (HC) d. Jarrett Driskill 8-2
4. Michael Good (HC) d. Brysen Boettcher 8-4
5. Roger Smith (HC) d. Forrest Andrews 8-1
6. Andrew Hatcher (HC) d. Blake Tharpe 8-0
1. Dunavant/Williams d. Lal/Griffin (HC) 8-6
2. Good/Smith (HC) d. Justin Lacks/Caleb Trent 8-2
3. Thomas/Forrest Nunn (HC) d. Jerry Stieg/Tyler Dixon-Cifers 8-1
News & Record