South Boston News & Record
and Mecklenburg Sun
11/30/15 - 8:03 am
11/30/15 - 8:01 am
11/30/15 - 7:57 am
HCSA lifts advisory after one day; 45 homes on Vaughan, Magnolia affected
11/30/15 - 8:40 am
Halifax County High School winter sports begins Tuesday with both the boys and girls basketball teams, and swimming in action.
- More A&E
Tennis boys remains undefeated
SoVaNow.com / March 28, 2013The unbeaten streak for the Halifax County High School boys’ tennis team continued Tuesday. Halifax doubled up Randolph-Henry, 6-3.
“As a team, we did not play quite as well against them as we did the first time. We seemed to have a hard time getting going today, and at one point were behind in all of the top four singles matches. Still, the guys pulled it together and were all able to play better as the matches progressed. That will be important once we get into the district matches and start playing regular sets,” said coach David Riddle.
“Hatcher’s singles match was very impressive considering the fact that he went to a tiebreak against the same opponent the first time we played. Mentally he played a much better match today and it showed in the result. “We still have alot of work to do, but we are much farther ahead than we were at this point last season,” said Riddle.
HCHS is 5-0 overall and 1-0 in the Western Valley district.
1. Walker Dunnavant d. Vatsal Lal (HC) 8-0
2. Matthew Williams d. Gannon Griffin (HC) 8-4
3. Jonathan Thomas (HC) d. Jarrett Driskill 8-2
4. Michael Good (HC) d. Brysen Boettcher 8-4
5. Roger Smith (HC) d. Forrest Andrews 8-1
6. Andrew Hatcher (HC) d. Blake Tharpe 8-0
1. Dunavant/Williams d. Lal/Griffin (HC) 8-6
2. Good/Smith (HC) d. Justin Lacks/Caleb Trent 8-2
3. Thomas/Forrest Nunn (HC) d. Jerry Stieg/Tyler Dixon-Cifers 8-1
News & Record